(We still have space for a few more vendors. Call us at 540-223-5462 if you’re interested)
Here’s News: Christmas Shopping Can Be Fun!
Christmas shopping really can be fun!
- It’s fun to shop when the environment is comfortable and supportive and there’s a wide variety of goods available.
- It’s fun to shop when you can share the experience with friends and family, and can get your lunch and snacks on location.
- It’s fun to shop when you know your holiday budget is buying unique, high quality items while helping support local craftspeople, businesses, farms and vendors.
- It’s fun to shop when one shopping trip can provide all these benefits and when you know your shopping is helping support a true community resource: the Blue Ridge Chorale.
On Saturday, November 17th, the Chorale is sponsoring its Holiday Marketplace at The Depot in Culpeper, from 11:00 am-5:00 pm. We’ll have up to 20 local artisan, specialty, farm and food businesses there.
Products available will include: Unique, original designs in handmade jewelry and scarves. Fine china and home decorations. A wide selection of beautiful handmade pottery and crafts, all from this area. Delicious homemade cakes, sweet breads and pies, to take home with you or to order for your holiday table. Pretzel rolls, apple butter and baked goods. Alpaca wool yarn and products. Pampered Chef kitchenware. A wide variety of textile products. Hand painted signs and decorations. Handbags and jewelry. Sumptuous sauce and seasoning blends. Naturally scented oils and creams. and… much, much more!
Put some merriment into your shopping at the BRC Holiday Marketplace!
With a nice big group of singers and a fun and challenging program to generate great concerts, we have a wonderful season ahead of us! Though the Chorale is staffed with a record number of singers this season, we’ll still accept new members for another 2-3 weeks. Singers at all levels of experience are welcome to join our Chorale, or our Youth Chorale (for ages 7-14, starts Sept 17th). Call 540-948-4573 about joining us.
The Blue Ridge Chorale is a non-affiliated, not-for-profit community chorale serving Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange and Rappahannock Counties and their surrounds. We meet on Monday evenings at Open Door Baptist Church on Rt 3 in Culpeper.
What a great time we had singing our “Out of the Stars” concerts at the end of April! We sang up a primordial storm in “Let There Be Light,” kept our cool through the very moving “Sing Me to Heaven,” reveled in the mysterious “May It Be,” and enjoyed a diverse and entertaining program of songs. In this photo, Margie Blankenship solos in “True Light.” The concerts were fun, moving and really great to be part of.
Our Youth and Adult Chorales joined to sing “Child of the Universe.” We had a multi-media program supporting our concert themes and even a starry, cafe
At our “Out of the Stars” multi-media concert at the Daniel Technology Center, Germanna Commmunity College, Culpeper campus, a Silent Auction will be part of the evening’s events. As of now, these are the items which will be up for bid. Thank you to our generous donors!
* Handmade Baby Quilt – donated by Joyce Calhoun, value $50-100
* From Fredrik’s Design – Nellie Santinga, three separate offers for apparel or art fees.
— Digitizing on 1000-7000 Stitches: Value: $35-70.00 (Can be applied to apparel purchased/decorated from FDC only)
— One Color Layout, Front & Back: Value: $34.00 (Can be applied to apparel purchased/decorated from FDC only) Clip art, letter drops, all will apply. Custom artwork does not apply.
— 25% Off on All Retail Apparel Purchased From FDC.Screening and embroidery fees, art fees, do not apply. Value: Set by the customer’s needs.
* Locally grown fresh vegetables and fruit for 1 month, starting the last week of May through last week of June – value $135. Donated by Matt Eustace, Willowlyn Farms, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
* 32-inch Panasonic LCD TV – value $300 donated by Sightline
* Kodak Play Sport Video Camera – value $175 donated by Sightline
* Crayola MP3 Player – value $75 donated by Sightline
* The Weather Channel Emergency Weather Radio – value $15 donated by Sightline
* Kindle – value $100 donated by Sightline
* “Party Servers” – Donna and Charlie Pringle will come to the party at your home 1 hour prior to the event to assist with organization, and will serve drinks, appetizers, dinner, dessert and coffee, and clean up the kitchen! Value $200
* Business “Headshot” on CD OR Theatrical “Headshot”w/one 8×10 Donor – Studio C Photography – Value $75
* Pasture/Field Consultation – Donor Sue Ellen Johnson, Forage Specialist
We will walk your pastures together and discuss ways to improve pasture productivity and persistence. Value – $150
* Kayaking Adventure for 4 on the Shenandoah River, including a picnic lunch: donated by Carole & Roger Tomhave – value $250
*A Gift certificate for VIP tour and wine tasting for four; cheese platter included– Donated by Early Mountain Vineyards & Winery, Madison – value $80
The Blue Ridge Chorale is raising some much-needed funds by taking orders for spring flowers: white Easter lilies, brightly colored tulips or fragrant hyacinths, blooming in 6” pots. These plants are grown locally, at Battlefield Farms of Rapidan. The cost is $8 per pot, and if you buy 7, you will get one additional pot for free! These lovely blooming plants make wonderful decorations for home and business and also are gracious springtime gifts. And, the tulips and hyacinths can be planted outdoors to bloom for many more years!
Orders are due by March 19th, and delivery will be early in the week of March 26th. Call 540-222-5565 or 540-948-4573 to order flowers.
We have an exciting and interesting Spring Concert program underway! Our theme is Out of the Stars, and our music will include modern, classical and show compositions, including works by Academy Award nominee Enya, Virginia’s Daniel Gawthrop, classical icon Franz Josef Haydn, and Randall Thompson. Our full concert dates will be Friday, April 27th at 7:00 pm (a multi-media concert!) at the Daniel Technology Center at the Culpeper, VA campus of Germanna Community College, and on Sunday, April 29th at St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, tentatively set at 4:00 pm. We’ll also be singing for Culpeper Remembrance Days on Saturday April 14th at 7:00 pm at The Depot in Culpeper, and for residents and staff at Dogwood Village, in Orange, on Monday April 23rd at 7:00 pm. Mark your calendar now!
New members are always welcomed. A special need in the Tenor Section. We especially invite ALL male voices to explore this wonderful opportunity and share their talents with the chorus. Please consider joining the community choir. Please give generously to support the Arts in our Community.