The Blue Ridge Chorale
Would you like to be part of the growing world of music in Central Virginia?
Supporting the Arts is a wonderful way to build community. For thousands of years we’ve known that music soothes the soul, inspires the mind and enriches the spirit. The Blue Ridge Chorale exists to bring cultural and musical enrichment to its members and community, and to lift the hearts and minds of our listeners through song. The Blue Ridge Chorale is a community chorale which has been serving Culpeper and surrounding counties since 1967. At its beginning, a few music lovers decided to got together to sing, and with guidance and help of wonderfully talented directors and accompanists, the Chorale has expanded far beyond what its originators had imagined. Today singers from as many as seven Central Virginia counties join voices in a wide variety compositions: both classic and modern, secular and sacred, drawing from the works of great composers present and past.
When are the Concerts?
The WINTER Concert Season begins the last Monday night in August.
The SPRING Concert Season begins the second Monday night in January.
Two or three performances are scheduled each season, in early December and early May.
When are the rehearsals?
* Rehearsals are every Monday night
* Held at Open Door Baptist Church, Culpeper
* Youth Choir 5:45 to 6:15 pm
* Adult Choir 6:30 to 8:30 pm
* Chamber Choir 8:30 to 9:00 pm
* Rehearsals for the spring season begin on the second Monday in January.
* Rehearsals for the winter season begin on the last Monday in August.
* Music is provided by the Chorale, and rehearsals are mandatory.
* No auditions are required to join the choir however the Music Director does listen to each new member to learn voice quality and range for proper placement within the choir.
* Auditions and invitation by the Music Director are required to join the Chamber Choir.
How much does it cost?
* Adult Membership Dues are $35.00 each season.
* Youth Membership Dues are $10.00 each season.
* Family Membership Dues (up to 2 Adults plus children) $50.00 each season.
* Dues help to defray the cost of sheet music and supplies.
* There is a one time cost for purchase of the required formal concert attire.
How do I join the choir?
You are welcome to join BRC regardless of race, creed, national origin, religion, or handicap, if you can sing and can comply with the requirements of the rehearsals and concerts.
Please call Carolyn Szabad Osborne at 540-223-5462 for additional information
or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who supports the Chorale?
* The Chorale conducts several fundraising activities each year.
* Donations from generous individuals and corporations.
* Concert ticket sales and grants.
* It takes over $20,000 annually to pay our professional staff and cover our expenses.
* If you would like to be a part of our contributing community, please send your tax deductible donations by mail or on-line.
Mail your tax-deductible donation to:
The Blue Ridge Chorale of Culpeper, Inc.
PO Box 1871
Culpeper, VA 22701
Or to contribute using a credit card click the donation button below: